Reminder – Year In The Life of a Food Business Entrepreneur Deadline Is 10/31
Just a reminder that if you’re interested in being the 2014 Featured Year In The Life Food Business Entrepreneur, the deadline for submissions is this Thursday at midnight (PST). Here’s all the details in case this is something you think you might want your company to take part in.
The Small Food Business’ 2014 A Year In The Life Food Business Entrepreneur would include:
- Writing one article a month of no more than 500 words that recaps your experiences during the prior month. Articles will be due by the 5th of the month (for example, the January article will be due on February 5th).
- You are not required to share financial information or anything else that might negatively impact your sales, but we will ask that you be willing to share both successes and challenges you face during the month. We all know that entrepreneurship is a roller coaster so your articles shouldn’t always read like everything is coming up roses.
- You are welcome to ask the greater Small Food Business community for help with business problems during the year. If you are facing an issue and aren’t sure how to resolve it you can post the question in your monthly article and solicit feedback.
- Must be a small food business (less than $250,000 in sales). Must have been in business for a minimum of 3 months by January 2014.
- Businesses that have been featured in Small Food Business before are eligible for this role as are businesses that I’ve never even talked to!
- Your business cannot have such high levels of seasonality that you’re not a year-round business. Ie, if you only sell at summer farmers’ markets you may not have a lot to say in November. If however you are planning to expand into year-round markets or want to try to grow the wholesale side of your business and want to share the ups and downs of that then let me know!
- You must agree to write 12 articles and submit them on time to Small Food Business.
- You agree that in writing these articles you will receive no compensation (sorry! But think of the publicity!).
- You agree that you will not negatively call attention to any competitors or anything else that might put either of us at risk for liable.
- You agree not to mention in your articles any free products or products/brands for which you have been compensated. You will also not mention any other businesses you are involved in. This is not an advertorial.
- Each article will feature your name and a link to your website or other relevant sites. Links to sites that are not relevant or are obviously spam will not be allowed.
- As the ‘Year In The Life’ Entrepreneur you have the ability to take advantage of free monthly business mentoring/consulting. More details will be provided to the chosen entrepreneur.
If you’re interested in being considered please send a short email to info (at) smallfoodbiz (dot) com with the subject line “Year In The Life” by October 31st that tells me a little bit about your business (where you’re located, how long you’ve been in business, why did you start this business, what are some of the challenges you’re facing, etc.) and why you’d like to be the Year In The Life Food Business Entrepreneur.
I will review and respond to every email I receive and the chosen entrepreneur will be notified by November 10th.
*This new feature will not take the place of the Entrepreneur Spotlights. I’m still looking for new entrepreneurs to feature in those so send me an email to info (at) smallfoodbiz (dot) com with “Entrepreneur Spotlight” in the subject line if you’d like to be considered for a future article.