What Would You Like To Learn From The Fancy Food Show?
I’m really excited to be heading down to San Francisco tomorrow for the Fancy Food Show which is, as I’m sure you’re aware, one of the top specialty food tradeshows in the country. While I half-joked about eating my way through the convention hall, my real reason for heading down there is to collect as much possible information as possible and bring it back to you here. Some of the topics I’ll be taking a look at while I’m there include:
1. Trend spotting at the show. What’s hot & what’s not. This is everything from products to packaging to labeling.
2. News that food producers of all size need to know. This show is a great place to put your ear to the ground and learn what’s going on in the industry as a whole. I’ll let you know what I find out.
3. Wholesale specifics. One of my main goals this year is to devote more time and energy on this website towards providing you with information about how to start or grow the wholesale side of your business. I’ve got a whole bunch of meetings set up around this topic so don’t be surprised when you start seeing lots of articles.
4. Any good resources for you. This might be good packaging resources, information about gluten-free and kosher certification, or any number of random things I usually stumble upon at this show. If it looks interesting I’ll let you know.
5. Lastly, interviews with some new up and comers who are doing interesting things in the food world. I’m looking forward to seeing what new products are being brought to market and meet new entrepreneurs – all of which will hopefully translate out into more Entrepreneur Spotlights soon!
That’s the list thus far. Is there anything else you’d like me to look for? I’m going to be pretty busy starting Friday afternoon through Monday so I apologize if I don’t respond to you right away but definitely add in your thoughts/ideas/comments and I’ll check back when I can. It may also take me a day or two after I return to get another article posted but I promise to get something up as soon as possible. See you next week!