News Roundup – Thanksgiving Edition
With all the craziness that comes with a holiday – especially Thanksgiving given that it revolves pretty much solely around food – time is short these days so a news recap seemed like a good idea:
- The first bit of news is that we’ve got a new look! As you may have noticed, smallfoodbiz.com has had a makeover. Thanks to feedback from readers like you, the site has been redesigned to make it easier to quickly find articles about topics you’re interested in. What do you think of the changes?
- No small potatoes – the USDA reports that locally-grown food has become a $4.8 Billion business
- Don’t be a generalist – a report by IBISWorld indicates that those food trucks that focus on healthy specialized fare have a better chance of succeeding
- Speaking of food trucks – car manufacturer Nissan is apparently getting in the food truck game. They’ve come up with the Nissan NV for anyone looking to get into the mobile food business
- Speak softly… – a Wall Street Journal article talks about the merits of starting small when it comes to trying to get press for your business